Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridsky
Master Degree “Social work with refugees and migrants”
Sofia University’s new Master’s programme Social Work with Refugees and Migrants is the first programme of its kind in Bulgaria. The Master’s course hosted by the Faculty of Pedagogy was created with the support of the UNHCR. Its main aim is to prepare future specialists for aspects of assistance that are specific to refugees and migrants in the areas of housing, health, education, social and cultural orientation, psychosocial support, etc.
The programme is designed for bot5h graduates in Social Work and those with other majors in social studies who wish to work with refugees and migrants. It will allow students to acquire specific knowledge and qualifications, notably:
- theories in the field of social work with refugees and migrants, including institutional dimensions
- skills and attitudes to work with different categories of refugees and migrants
- methodical preparation for the implementation of the main assistance activities with asylum seekers and refugees
- knowledge and skills to deliver activities aimed at an optimal social integration of refugees and migrant.
More information: Sofia University “St.Kliment Ohridsky” website
Project BRiDGE: „Bridge for Researchers in Danger Going to Europe“
About the project: BRiDGE is a two-year project (01.04.2018 -31.03.2020) funded under the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation Horizon 2020 with coordinator Bielefeld University (Germany ) and partners from Greece, Switzerland, Turkey and Bulgaria – members of the European Commission network for career development and mobility of researchers EURAXESS.
Main objective of the project: to support refugee researchers (PhDs and experienced researchers as well those with bachelor and master degree) who had been displaced in Germany, Greece, Switzerland, Turkey and Bulgaria to find their long term professional realization in research and business organizations in Europe.
- developing pilot courses and conducting trainings for social integration and career development of refugee researchers;
- developing pilot courses and conducting trainings for mentors of refugee researchers;
- providing services and support for individual career development of refugee researchers;
- developing and publishing of Video Handbook for mentors of refugee researchers.
The purpose of courses and trainings is to contribute to:
- acquiring specific knowledge, skills and competences for successful realization in the labor market and for better integration of the refugee researchers in the public life, as well as
- establishing a professional relationship through which mentors (from research and business organizations) can successfully advise, support and promote the professional and personal development of the refugee researchers
The trainings will cover the following topics:
- for refugee researchers: European Research Area; Important aspects when applying for job position at research and business organization; Choosing the most appropriate CV; Preparing for an interview; Science4Refugees Initiative and the EURAXESS Network; Job offers, grants and open positions within specific projects posted on the EURAXESS portal; Overcoming cultural differences and adaptation in the organizational and social environment.
- for mentors: Responsibilities and Challenges; Effective communication, motivation and positive climate; Approaches oriented around the mentee; E-learning tools and techniques; EURAXESS Buddy System Initiative.
A leading role in the described above courses and trainings has EURAXESS Bridgehead Organization at Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” – part of the BRiDGE project consortium.
If your organization has similar objectives, we will be happy to discuss opportunities for cooperation and collaboration.
More information and news about the project is available on: http://www.uni-bielefeld.de/International/projects/bridge/bridge.html
Svetlana Dimitrova: Tel.: +359 888 694 516; email: email@example.com
Marin Barzakov: Tel.: +359 888 804 329; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mariya Dikova: Tel.: +359 898 488 175; email: email@example.com
EURAXESS – Researchers in Motion is a unique pan-European initiative delivering information and support services to professional researchers. Backed by the European Union and its Member States, it supports researcher mobility and career development, while enhancing scientific collaboration between Europe and the world.
EURAXESS is also your gateway to Science4Refugees, a Commission’s initiative helping refugee researchers find suitable jobs in today’s challenging research landscape.Part of the initiative, is the Science4Refugees Research Buddies, supporting refugee scientists in finding European researchers to discuss problems, find solutions and study together, by matching their research field, scientific studies and interests.
More information: www.euraxess.ec.europa.eu
Department for language teaching and international students (DLTIS)
Department for Language Learning is providing Bulgarian language courses for foreigners, including for beneficiaries of international protection.
More information: www.deo.uni-sofia.bg
New Bulgarian University
Center for European Refugee Migration and Ethnic Studies
- Research in migration, refugee and ethnic studies, e-citizenship, border studies, populism, and extremism;
- Developing curricula at the New Bulgarian University and research in the field of migration, refugees and ethnic problems;
- Developing and strengthening the values of tolerance and integration;
- Promoting refugees, immigrant, and minority rights;
- Promoting public awareness on migration and asylum issues;
- Consulting institutions and organizations.
prof. Anna Krasteva, PhD, director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Evelina Staykova, PhD, coordinator – email@example.com
Vanya Ivanova, PhD, coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
21, Montevideo, office 602
tel./fax (+359 2) 81 10 602
VUZF – University of Finance, Business and Entrepreneurship
The MAGNET network brings together European organisations active in the field of migrant entrepreneurship support, as well as interested public and private actors. The MAGNET Network aims to back the domain of the Migrant Entrepreneurship Support at the practical, political as well as the scientific level. MAGNET will seek to promote the creation, further development and broad dissemination of existing support schemes for migrant entrepreneurs.
More information: www.migrantacceleration.eu
University of National and World Economy
The Regional Center for Migration and Refugees Research was established in 2019. at UNWE. The Centre’s emphasis is on managing migration processes. The long-term goal is to create a network of trained professionals in the host countries and countries of origin who have an equal approach to the study of the problem, a common way of thinking, personal contacts and cultural cohesion. We work together with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Bulgaria, the International Organization for Migration, the European Asylum Support Office.
The main tasks of the Regional Center for Migration and Refugees Research are:
- to support the conduct of research and the creation of scientific developments in the field of human migration;
- to develop new knowledge and skills, which will increase the potential of modern knowledge in the field of human migration;
- to support the integration of science, training and practice in our country with the European and world achievements in the field of human migration;
- create dynamic, project-based virtual research laboratories for conducting research related to the work of student teams, doctoral students and teams with the participation of young researchers in the field of human migration;
- to assist in solving practical problems and in improving the qualification of practitioners in this field;
- to assist in the transfer of knowledge and experience in the field of migration of people for Higher education at a national and international level, as well as for organizations and institutions;
- provide training in the field of human migration.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nadia Mironova – Director
Tsvetomira Penkova – Coordinator
Address: 1700 Sofia, Student Town, UNWE, office: 1049
Phone: (02) 8195 576